Monday, August 15, 2011

Lake Paintings

It has been an interesting season at The Loft Shop.    The summer of 2011 has been unusual, to say the least.   The  number of visitors to the shop have been inconsistant and sporatic.   The sales have been remarkably good considering the economy.    We have found out:
1. Our rack cards are a great marketing tool.
2. Paintings sell. I have sold 30 + paintings since the first of July.
3. People come whenever they want, not particularily concerned about our official "hours" or days we are open.
This past weekend a lady observed that I didn't have any "lake paintings" in my inventory.  (I had sold 3 last week).    I assured her that there would be some by the end of the weekend.  So I quickly snapped into action and turned out these two painting.    (an easy, familiar scene for me)

This painting is on 140 # Arches watercolor paper.   It is matted for a 16 x 20 inch frame .

I like to work on different kinds of paper, so I did the same scene on Masa(rice) paper. It is a whole different look.
It is matted for a 11x14 inch frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment