Monday, March 1, 2010

WINTER




It may be the lst of March and only 2 weeks until Daylight Savings but it is winter in Garrett County.
The previous record snowfall was in 2002-2003 when we had 233" of snow.  The record was broken last week before the Friday snow event that dumped 22" on Garrett County.   The wind and snow were intense and everything closed including Wal Mart.   THAT is a first!!!!   Over the weekend we picked up 6-8 inches more of snow so that we are now approaching 275" of snow.  However, the roads are in good shape and we can move around the county fairly easily.

I used this weekend as an opportunity to retreat to my studio and paint.   I have not been a fan of painting on canvas with watercolor but a snowy weekend and idle time have changed my opinion on the canvas issue.  I had a great time out there creating and playing with paint. Plus sailboats made me feel like it was summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment