Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Demo

Thanks to the Women's Civic Club's funding, the Garrett County Arts Council has had artists demonstrating at the Gallery at 206 E Alder St in Oakland Maryland.   Today was my turn.  Actually it was Fred Peacock's turn, but due to a recent bad fall, he was not able to demonstrate, so I filled in for Fred.  It is always fun to paint for people and talk about the process.


I had started this little 5 x 7  early this morning and was going to do some stuff to it at The Gallery.
I had left my easel and palatte when some kids came in and messed around with the paints and put this blue paint all over the palette.   I was a bit put out but decided to play with the blue.  The above sketch was the product of utilizing cerulean blue when I had no intention of using that color.

 
I wanted a dramatic sky in this lake painting which I painted as my demonstration painting.

The set up.
My next demo is at New Germany State Park on August 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment