Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Stuff

It has been a great summer for painting and a slow summer for The Loft Shop.   The  economy has finally caught us.    Because I have a pretty good inventory of watercolor paintings, I have been expanding my creative efforts. 
I took a collage/watercolor class from Gerald Brommer at Springmaid Beach a couple of years ago and  recently started doing some more collage work.   It is fun to do, with surprise results.   I have many kinds of rice paper which have been stained with watercolors.    I collect the papers according to color, put them in plastic bags, creating a palate of  the papers.   I begin the process as I would a painting, with value sketch and transfer the sketch to a heavy paper. Next I begin ripping, tearing and glueing the papers onto the sketch.   Here are a couple of recent works.

Landscape  5x7



View at Lee Anne's   16x20

No comments:

Post a Comment