Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Art in the Park

Last weekend was Art in the Park at Deep Creek Lake State Park.    We were fortunate to have two of Garrett County's most beautiful summer days in a wonderful setting along the shore of Deep Creek Lake.
There were many vendors with their 10 x 10 pop up tents lining the service road from the parking lot to the Discovery Center.   It is always interesting to see what people are attracted to in our tent.    Alan's wood got a lot of attention and my collages seemed to interest  people.
I create the collages by staining various textures of rice paper with watercolors (all of the pigments on my palatte).  After I have done a value sketch, I begin ripping the rice papers and glueing them on a board.   Eventually a picture is formed.  I occasionally go in and paint in some details (the small branches in this piece).  
                      This piece was sold at Art in the Park



I still have this piece ("Pissaro's Neighbors") in the Loft Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment