Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Preparation

When I am getting ready to paint a "new" subject,  part of the fun is the preparation.   I  go on line and look at photos of the subject.    If I have photos (which I usually do) I look at them and then I start to draw.
I make several drawings of the subject matter and do some watercolor sketches.  Eventually I put the drawing on the paper and get ready to paint.
Several years ago I did a painting of morning glories.    I like it so much it hangs in our house.   It is the only morning glory painting I have done.   Last week I had the sudden desire to paint a vertical (30x10) floral painting.   I did several of these a few years ago.   Four or five of the verical florals hang in Garrett Memorial hospital (2 of them on the 3rd floor across from the elevator.)  I am getting ready to paint a vertical painting of morning glories.    These are 2 of the sketches I have done in preparation.




Hopefully I will have a painting to put on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment