Friday, October 28, 2011

Watercolor class

It has been a tough week for the Arnsons.   Last week Alan was hospitialized for a severe GI virus.   He was in Garrett Memorial Hospital for 3 1/2 days, returning home Saturday afternoon.   Needless to say he did not participate in Studio Tours last week.
I, on the other hand, had knee surgery on Monday to repair the torn meniscus that I experienced on Sept. 6th.   Happily my knee is pain free for the first time in 7 weeks and I will be able to be on Studio Tours this week.    However, the weather people are telling us that we are to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow (Sat. the 29th) So much for Studio Tours in Bittinger.
Back to art. . . . . . .
I recently spent a few hours working with Joan Lyons, teaching her some watercolor techniques.   We had a great time painting the Stanton Farm on Rt. 495 in Bittinger, MD from a photo I had taken years ago.
I think her piece is remarkable for a 3rd painting.


Stanton Farm by Sue Arnson


Stanton Farm by Joan Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment